Use of personally identifiable information
Last Revision: May 2015
To protect your privacy when visiting our website, we have adopted the following policies to safeguard any personal information you may voluntarily submit. Any information collected will be used for the purposes of responding to inquiries, orders, and for the general improvement of our Internet services.
Any personal information collected from visitors to our site is done on a voluntary basis. Information such as names, addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, etc. will be used only by 10e Learning to respond to inquiries, for specific 10e Learning marketing activities, events, services, to facilitate fulfillment of orders, or as otherwise necessary to protect our legal interests.
Information supplied to 10e Learning through our site, including but not limited to feedback, data, answers, questions, comments, suggestions, plans, ideas or the like, will not be treated as proprietary or as confidential and we assume no obligation to protect such information from disclosure. Further, the submission of such information to 10e Learning shall not restrict the use of such information by 10e Learning for any commercial or non-commercial purpose whatsoever and 10e Learning shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose, and distribute the information to others without restriction. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this site any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, or other material that would violate any law.
Our web service tracks visitors to the site and collects generalized information on the number of visits, most popular page views, domain names, geographic information, downloads, site search terms, etc. Additionally, some pages throughout the site may request specific information submitted by a form or e-mail. 10e Learning may also retain electronic communications sent by visitors. This information will only be used by 10e Learning as a means of continuously improving our services as indicated above. 10e Learning uses an SMTP gateway to forward e-mail and to log e-mail transactions. Logs of e-mail transactions include:
- Date and time of message
- Name and IP address of connecting host
- E-mail address of message originator
- 10e Learning address of recipient
We do not knowingly solicit or collect personally identifiable information online from children under the age of 13 and we do not ask for age-identifying information from our visitors. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has submitted personally identifiable information online which would be against our policy, then we ask you to notify us immediately and we will take all reasonable measures to delete such information and not use such information for any purpose (except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others as required by law).
Some sections of the 10e Learning website may deposit pieces of information called “cookies” on your computer. A cookie is a small piece of information stored by a browser on your computer’s hard drive or stored by a local shared object using Adobe Flash Player. Cookie technology does not collect personally identifiable information. If a cookie is sent to your computer, your browser only permits that website to access the cookie it sent. It does not allow access to cookies sent by other websites
If you choose to do so, you can change your browser’s cookie configuration. Check the “Help” section of your browser for more information. You can manage “flash” cookies by following instructions on Adobe’s website for Flash Player Help. 10e Learning does not endorse, nor does it participate in the practice of “spamming” (sending of unsolicited promotional e-mail). We comply with the provisions of the SPAM Act of 2003, as amended. If you believe you have received such a message, inform us by contacting us by e-mail addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Spamming Alert in your subject line.
Notice to California and Vermont Residents
We do not disclose personal information about you to nonaffiliated third parties unless you authorize online payment or as permitted under applicable law. No further action is required on your part. If our policy should change, we will obtain your consent before any information is shared as provided under your state laws. For California residents we will also provide you with a California Privacy Notice upon request.
For California residence, view Your California Privacy Rights.
Terms of Usage
Last Revision: January 22, 2015
Your California Privacy Rights
10e Learning makes these disclosures to its customers, and those visiting its website, who reside in California and supersedes and replaces any conflicting disclosures found elsewhere on our website.
- Opt-Out of Disclosure for Direct Marketing Purposes. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to opt-out of our disclosure of personal information to third parties for marketing purposes. You may make such a request by contacting us by e-mail addressed to email@example.com. Please reference California Privacy Rights in your subject line. Please be aware that this opt-out does not prohibit our disclosure of personal information for any purpose other than direct marketing.
- Automatic Gathering of Information by 10e Learning. 10e Learning collects non-identifying information about your visit to or use of our website, and your interaction with advertisements on our website and elsewhere on the Internet. For example, we may keep track of how many of our advertisements you saw before visiting our website, how you were directed to our website, how you navigate around our website, which products you browse. To do this, we and our service providers use technology (e.g., cookies, action tags, Web beacons, and GIF tags), placed at various sections on the website and in our advertisements delivered by e-mail or served during your Web browsing session. Some of this technology may be disabled by changing your Web browser settings. Please consult the documentation for your Web browser on how to manage the information gathering and storage aspects of this technology on your computer. We and our Service Providers do not collect any personal information through the use of this technology.
- Automatic Gathering of Information by Third Parties. When you visit our service, third parties can collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different Websites pertaining to your visit to or use of our and other Websites.
- Do-Not-Track Requests. As of January 1, 2014, California residents visiting our website may request that we not automatically gather and track information pertaining to their online browsing movements across the Internet. Such requests are typically made through Web browser settings that control signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party Websites or online services. Please be advised that until further notice, 10e Learning is not able to honor these requests/settings.